Why not surprise a loved one with a Scottish bagpiper for their birthday?
When people book pipers to play at birthday parties it is often as a surprise for a loved one who may be Scottish, or just somebody special that has a great fondness for Scotland and the sound of the bagpipes. It is always effective and makes a person’s birthday very emotional and memorable.
The usual routine for a piper at a birthday party involves:
- Piping into the party from the street
- Wishing the birthday boy / girl Happy Birthday
- Asking for requests and playing them (if possible)
- Playing Happy Birthday / piping in the birthday cake
- Playing a number of traditional tunes and jigs and reels to get feet tapping
- Ending with Auld Lang Syne
Pipers can also be hired to play at many types of party including retirement parties, engagement parties, anniversaries, baptisms, and christenings.