This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
A UNIQUE MULTICULTURAL PIPER
With over 20 years of experience, Gwen has a wide international background. He was born and raised in Lorient – Brittany, France (home of the great Interceltic Festival) and started to learn the bagpipes at the age of 12.
He then joined the famous Bagad Roñsed-Mor (Breton Grade 1) of which he is still a member.
Gwen now lives in Manchester and plays at piping competitions on a regular basis. He is also involved in the former RSPBA Grade 1 Breton pipe-band Cap Caval.
He has performed and competed all around the world including the UK, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, the USA, and China.
Gwen’s repertoire goes beyond Scottish and Breton tunes. He is influenced by Balkan and Asturian (Spain) traditional music and is always keen to give a flavour of these with most entertaining tunes!
A SUCCESSFUL COMPETING SOLOIST
A member of the Competing Pipers Association, Gwen is very active on the solo piping competition circuit where he plays light music as well as piobaireachd (the Scottish bagpipes classical music).
TROPHIES & PRIZES
Here are some of Gwen's recent achievements:
– 2019 RSBPA North West England solo champion
– 2018 Atholl & Breadalbane Highland Games solo piping winner
– 2018 Harpenden Highland Gathering solo piping winner
– 2017 RSBPA North West England solo champion
– 2017 RSBPA North East England solo champion
– 2017 Corby Highland Gathering ‘March, Strathspey & Reel’ and 6/8 March winner
– 2017 Aberfeldy Atholl & Breadalbane Highland Games Piobaireachd winner